Today things are much simpler than it was earlier, especially when it comes to changing your appearance. These days it is very easy to change your appeal and personality by adding the desired x-factor into it through plastic & cosmetic surgery procedures. It has the potential to change lives. It has also been socially accepted more easily in the modern world. Today famous figures are also posting their cosmetic surgery procedures and are discussing their cosmetic journeys on social media platforms.
Today everyone is quite aware and cautious about their features and personal appearance. People are more inclined towards reducing the aging impact that comes in its due time, particularly when there is an option to delay it. There is no harm in maintaining a balanced body and similar facial features.
Aim for realistic expectations from plastic surgery
There are a few things that can make your surgery a success or turn it into a disaster. First is your realistic approach from its results and next is zeroing into a right and expert plastic surgeon proficient in offering improved and natural-looking and satisfying results that don’t look like an overly done job.
For the majority of the people, a cosmetic surgery is a procedure that is a turning point for a better life. A plastic surgery, if done correctly, can help increase confidence and cut down the anxiety about the imbalance between facial features and unusual physique. It cannot do a magic altogether to change your life, but it will surely boost your confidence by adding aesthetic and overall appeal to your personality, which you can easily notice in your everyday life.
Plastic surgery makes you feel better if:
- You’ve opted for this procedure for your own pleasure, not for others.
- You are sure the changes will make you happier and better from your earlier look.
- You have selected the right procedure and the right doctor for what you aim to get from this procedure.
- You do not over expect from this procedure and have only realistic expectations about the expected results.
- You are aware of the risk associated with this procedure and its uncertain healing processes.
- You are comfortable interacting with your surgeon freely and are not hesitant to ask any and every question.
- You know and understand that the results may vary from individual to individual.
- You are ready to ride the emotional roller coaster of the recuperation period and willing to follow your Surgeon’s post-operation suggestions carefully.
The core of above points is that if you have a great rapport and good understanding with your surgeon and you are willing to opt for this procedure with a realistic expectation of the results, this is the procedure that can do miracles for you. You might be surprised by the increased appearance and your confidence after receiving facial, breasts, or nose surgeries.
How plastic surgery adds to mental health
No doubt, it can also boost the mental health of many patients who are depressed and not happy with their lives due to their unusual facial or physical appearance. Being a visually based society, for most of the people having good physical and facial features is the priority.
If you hold realistic expectations from this surgery-about what you can and what you cannot expect from it- can have a great emotional and physical support and upheaval from cosmetic surgery if you know how to select the right plastic surgeon.
If your plastic surgery is done in Ahmedabad in a totally accredited operating facility deputing top-notch surgical experts and experienced anesthetists you can expect the realistic goals.
Think twice before opting for a cheap cosmetic procedure
There have been many cases where people have chosen less experienced and cheap surgeon that has resulted in revisional procedure eventually costing them more than selecting the best surgeon. Even the best surgeon cannot guarantee that everything can be fixed once the procedure goes haywire. Do not fall prey to the discount option that is often found online and opt for a cheap procedure.
Ironically, some procedures are actually botched which cannot be remedied. So before planning for a cheap surgery or cosmetic tourism think twice and after considering all the above backfires, make your final decision.
Expert and proficient Cosmetic Surgeons don’t cut corners; thus you will never have to regret selecting them for your procedure. It is done once a life, do it the best way the first time.
Positive mental health influences that plastic surgery might have
Plastic Surgery can positively impact the mental health condition of some patients. It can cut down your self-consciousness about your not-so-good feature like it could reduce saggy upper arm skin, correct sagging breasts or very flat-looking breasts, fix up cooked nose or give a wrinkle-free face skin.
The not-so-appealing facial feature is brought into harmony with other features of your body, it can do wonders and boost your confidence, particularly when you’re otherwise not satisfied with your own body and life.
Body balance and asymmetry corrections are possible through plastic surgery
Asymmetry or uneven balance is mostly seen in our physiques or faces and is mostly a case of opting for surgical procedures. Many a time, asymmetry is not even realized unless you look very close to being asymmetry and out-of-balance, which is quite a visible aspect of our appearance. This often leads to bullying which is very common in the society for people having asymmetric appeal.
Making your facial feature or other parts of the body into overall balance with the rest of your face and physique can help you avoid unwanted notice and comments.
But by any means, if you’ve been bullied and teased or have faced any unwanted attention, it may come to an end or at least can be reduced by resorting to the cosmetic procedures to bring right balance amongst your body features.
What asymmetry correction does plastic surgery bring
- It can reduce very heavy breasts through breast reduction surgery or vice versa.
- It can also straighten a very crooked or disfigured nose through a Rhinoplasty.
Although there’s no guarantee that every patient’s results will bring the desired result as it depends upon their physical condition before having surgery.
Emotional health advantages of plastic surgery
To acquire emotional health benefits you must expect realistic and feasible results from plastic surgery and must sustain the procedure by leading right lifestyle choices.
Being a visually-oriented society, our appearance is influenced by our life choice. We have gone even more visible online, in fact, it has become our favorite past time to be on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Tinder. It has been noticed that being an attractive person you have more choices in life/romantic partners. Your good personality tends to help you earn higher salaries and better career advancement options.
Surgery helps improve your appearance but cannot automatically boost your confidence. It is done to you when you feel yourself a more able person with an improved personality. Better to keep your expectations grounded and practical. Surgery can do a lot but you should not forget how much it can actually do. Moreover, every patient’s body condition and features are different so are the results. You should not expect the impossible, better to take help of your surgeon to understand the realistic results you should expect from your procedure.
How plastic surgery boosts your appearance and confidence
How you feel about your looks can actually impact your social life and professional life both. When done right plastic procedure can add to your appearance and confidence that can be visible in every aspect of your life.
You can get the overall idea about how this surgery can influence your life and other aspects, you can seek the advice of people you know and who have already had some type of plastic procedure done which you are planning to opt for. Do not forget that every patient’s results differ even if you are planning to opt for the same procedure.
To start with, just plan out what you want to get from this procedure, what change you want to see from this surgery. Are you looking to boost your self-consciousness about a certain feature? Are you lacking the confidence?
If due to your physical flaw you are subjected to unwanted comments, you feel more offended and uncomfortable with your appearance, leaving you distracted from having a quality of life. If you are born with an abnormal or highly crooked nose or an imbalanced physique, it may be tough for you to disguise.
You might have developed insecurities about your appearance, and how it is impacting your social lives. If you opt for a plastic surgery to correct your ‘physical defect’ you would find yourself extremely relieved and happy after having a new look. Surgery, although, is not an alternate or cure-all for a good mental health care option. Counselling may often be needed if dissatisfied appearance is a major area of concern for you, or if you’re facing a great deal of bullying or social harassment because of your unusual features.
Opinion of plastic surgery on journey forums
When you will read an online forum, you will find that many people are happy with and satisfied with the outcome they have gotten post-surgery and are leading a happy and satisfied life now.
Among those who have undergone breast surgery, be it breast enlargement, reduction or breast lift, are specifically happy, and this cosmetic surgery is the most popular procedure that opted out for many people at large.
What online patient forums say about positive mental health benefits of plastic surgery
- Increased Confidence Level– Undoubtedly there is an association between looking and feeling good. If a person has undergone a lot of bully and humiliation and has withdrawn socially and emotionally due to his unusual body features, he is likely to mix and gel well with others after getting this procedure done. In such forums, nearly 80% to 90% women disclosed that they felt more satisfied and happy about their physique after breast augmentation or breast reduction. According to these women, the breast surgery has given them more liberty to wear their desired clothing, sleep comfortably and even walk out with a lot of confidence without attracting any unwanted attention and comments.
- Reduced Social Anxiety– We all have a tendency to look ourselves through the eyes of others and find ourselves falling short of others, we are ought to feel depressed and anxious. If women have larger breasts, they are often anxious. If for instance, a woman has flat chest she would constantly be worried about going outside and stay back and feel withdrawn. Even if she may receive advice not to worry about her appearance, but the fact is unusual physical features draw a lot of attention and curiosity within the person and the viewers both. And if such person could acquire normal physique post cosmetic surgery, they would be able to lead happy and successful lives.
- Improved Physical Health– Apart from reduced social stigma, correctly done plastic surgery can also improve the physical health of the patient. If we talk about breast reduction surgery, there are many benefits that can be achieved once this procedure is done. More than 85% of the women found this procedure to be satisfying. They stopped facing issues like back pain, chaffing and skin rashes etc. which are usually faced by women with large or heavy breasts. Cosmetic surgery has brought positive changes in their lives. Similarly, Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) can leave a positive and motivational impact on the patient by helping to fix a deviated septum. This surgery can also help the patient to have a sound sleep and improved breathing apart from giving a more enhanced and appealing nose shape.
- More Available Opportunities– When someone is not happy and stressed about his physical features, he tends to avoid putting himself in the limelight and take a back seat thus missing a lot of opportunities. Such people may avoid applying for several jobs, may not come forth to put their thoughts, and may also avoid going to stage or facing the camera and coming in front of the public. It has been found that physically fit and attractive people have more job and career avenues and opportunities in their lives than those who are not attractive. Attractive people get higher paying jobs, and more option available to them. There are many aspects of your life that are interrelated – and it’s not your looks alone that matters. So keeping this aspect in view you need to expect real and feasible results from your plastic surgery as it may impact your overall life and other related aspects.
- Weight under Check: Today the greatest issue that most of the population is facing is their being overweight. There is no dearth of suggestions and diet plans for such people, but still, most of these people are not happy with their body shape and size. After a cosmetic surgery like bariatric surgery for weight loss, tummy tuck or even liposuction, such people found their body weight under control and they are leading a happy and healthier life. Although it is also related to doing exercise more often, to retain their newly improved weight and body shape, they are happy to maintain a right diet and exercise regime.
In a nutshell, plastic surgery is such a life-changing miracle that can help people experience improved ‘self-worth’ and increased self-confidence. It reduces the shyness and helps motive people with healthier lives.
Many studies and researchers have also reported that with cosmetic procedures people can have increased social activities and an enhanced potential to enjoy life. People who have had breast lift surgery, breast augmentation and breast reduction surgery have also expressed on online forums and other platforms that they are now more confident and happy in their sexual relationships and thus in their lives.
Does plastic surgery change your life?
Whether plastic surgery will bring an affirmative change in your life or not is a question that comes first in your mind. For this, it is necessary to understand that cosmetic procedure can change a part of your appearance, but it cannot change your overall look and transform you into an altogether new person. You will remain the same person in all circumstances as you were prior to this surgery.
If you dislike and want to change some part of your body like breasts or nose, you may well feel happy after a breast surgery or Rhinoplasty as it will beautify and give the right shape and size to your disliked body parts as per your wish. But if you are looking to change your emotional or lifestyle problems like issues at workplace, career or in your personal relations, having an improved nose or breasts is not likely to help you in your personal circumstances.
Of course, there are people who are turning to plastic surgery to save their personal relationship or to try to keep their partner happy. They are of the concept if they were beautiful or good looking their partner would have never avoided them and have remained with them. This is actually a false hope. It will not work at all and this concept has no truth. Plastic surgery cannot help you in any way under these circumstances.
There are many people who are happy and satisfied with their procedure but there are some people also who aren’t happy with the results. This is due to the unrealistic expectations that they had about what cosmetic surgery could do to their lives and bodies. So, before considering plastic surgery, make sure that it cannot suddenly transform your whole life.
Cosmetic surgery and mental health: appearance anxiety
It is probably not surprising that many of us who have undergone cosmetic surgery has been found to be more depressed or anxious, on average, than those who do not have surgery. This tends to be interlinked with confidence and self-esteem, and may also have resulted from being bullied or rejected due to an appearance concern. There are many people who are well-aware of and are willing to live with their visible flaws.
In today’s world, to look at your best is a sign that you are curious about your overall look and bother about your social acumen. If you feel less comfortable with your look and appeal, you have a reason to opt for a surgical physical change to their personality.
People with body dysmorphia (those people who are suffering from unusual and extreme bodily deformities) should not consider plastic surgery as it cannot offer any immediate relief or cannot act as a magic wand for them. As plastic surgery has certain limitations and should be treated as such to get the best results. If you are looking at cosmetic surgery with unrealistic expectations, you might experience depression and cannot be satisfied with post-surgery results. It can help change and tweak your appeal to an extent but cannot transform you altogether a new person.
Your disappointment after this surgery may worsen your health issues thus adversely impacting your life and career. So be realistic and approach this procedure when you are willing to change your appearance to a limited extent as it cannot change your approach and life. It can only help boost your confidence and life through changing some parts of your body that you are not happy with. It can positively impact your personal or relationship problems but cannot terminate it for good. For this, you have to work on your own and find the solutions.
Do you want to change your appearance and personality by keeping a realistic approach from Plastic Surgery? If it is a yes, it’s time to consult a Specialist Surgeon if you are looking to get a plastic surgery in Ahmedabad. Your surgeon would help you analyze your expectations and will also help you understand if it is a realistic expectation or not.