Tummy tuck surgery is a cosmetic procedure which involves removal of excess stomach skin and tightening of abdominal muscles. The end result is firmer and flatter abdomen and better personality. Once you undergo this surgery, you will love the results and will feel good that you took the decision of undergoing it. Though people opt for this treatment because of the cosmetically motivated reasons but there are several other benefits attached with a tummy tuck surgery.
Let us discuss them one by one:
- Tummy tuck provides relief from urinary incontinence: It can develop because of aging or childbirth. Specialists have found that a tummy tuck surgery can reduce or relieve a person from urinary incontinence. The procedure involves reinforcing and tightening of soft tissues which support pelvic floor, urethra and bladder. It is done because they create pressure on the passage between bladder and urethra.
- Improvement in the abdominal muscle tone: Abdominal muscles tend to become stretched, weakened and distended when a woman becomes pregnant or becomes overweight. The damage remains there even after one loses weight or delivers a baby and it cannot be repaired with diet control. The tummy tuck procedure does not only involve tightening or removal of skin but addresses the muscles too. When muscles are repaired and tightened they create a stronger and stable abdominal wall.
- Help is the improvement of body posture: When abdominal wall becomes weak, its integrity and strength get affected, causing bad posture. Tummy tuck surgery helps in restoring stability to the midsection. A good posture helps in reducing the stress on the spine, opens up airways so that you can breathe better and neck or back pain gets reduced considerably. It will also make you look better and confident.
- Correct a ventral hernia: A ventral hernia is a condition which takes place in the individuals who have experienced stomach surgeries such as C-sections or appendectomies or have had massive weight loss. It can be extremely painful and can lead to infections. This condition can be treated only surgically so when a person decides to go for tummy tuck the specialists check for a Ventral hernia in advance and treat it if the condition exists.
- Better Lifestyle: When people start to notice the results of this surgery, they take to a healthy lifestyle which includes proper food, exercises, and posture.
Tummy tuck procedure offers numerous health benefits, having a flatter stomach and a perfect body endows a person with self-confidence and can lead one towards a path of well bell being. Seeing yourself in the mirror and being proud of the way you look is a worthwhile experience and can change your outlook towards life. Mostly, people who undergo this surgery adopt a healthy lifestyle and avoid future weight gain, this is done by following a healthy lifestyle which includes daily exercises and balanced diet. This for sure will help in maintaining your tummy tuck results and will also contribute towards overall wellbeing.