For women, who are looking for options to give a more appealing and fuller appearance to their breasts, breast enlargement operation is just the right solution available. While the results of this procedure can be amazing, there are many important details that the prospective patients should be aware of regarding the surgery and post operative care.
Bruises, swelling and pain might appear after the surgery, which can make some patients worried. However, it should be remembered that such effects are quite normal, thus there is nothing serious to be concerned or worried about. Some level of discomfort might also be experienced by patients. Fortunately a variety of remedies are available to reduce discomfort and uneasiness. Surgical drains are one such option which can be implemented in order to reduce swelling, as well as ensure faster and better recovery after surgery.
Tips to make the recovery process easier after the breast enlargement procedure
As mentioned earlier, effects like swelling, bruising and pain can appear after undergoing breast enlargement surgery. Such occurrences are only temporary and patients should not feel worried, as their condition will gradually improve. However, some tips can be followed by patients as a part of post surgical care, such as the ones mentioned below:
- Movement of arms should be limited for at least ten days after the surgery and raising your arms above your chest level should be avoided.
- The dressings should be kept clean and dry at all time, as this will help to eliminate the chances of infection or any other complication from developing.
- Proper rest should be taken after the surgery for complete recovery to take place. Generally, patients can begin their normal routine after a week, while some patients might have to refrain from partaking in rigorous activities for a few weeks.
- Prominent swelling might appear on the chest, transferring to the abdomen area gradually. Some discomfort and pain can also be experienced by patients due to swelling and bruising. However, these reactions are normal and will begin to subside in two to three weeks.
- Several remedies are available to lessen the pain and discomfort after surgery, such as a cold compress. Placing packs of cold gel or ice on the chest area can help to provide relief.
- Patients are also suggested to use a chair till some days after undergoing the breast enlargement procedure, so that they can rest in inclined position. This is important as it not only helps to heal the swelling faster, but also transfers the discomfort and pain to lower body parts.
- Providing adequate support to the chest area is crucial during the recovery period and for this, the patients should wear surgical bras.
- Patients should drink sufficient amount of water so that the body remains hydrated at all times. It will make the recovery process easier, as well as ensuring that the desired results are achieved.
The success of breast enlargement treatment depends considerably on the precautions taken by patients after the surgery. Taking proper rest and following the post surgical care instructions given by the surgeon are crucial to eliminate any complications and make recovery process easy and fast.